Transition week activities Year 5
  • Post category:Year 5
Hello Year 5!
I am really looking forward to teaching you all next year.
To help me to get to know you all a little bit better before the transition sessions next week, it would be lovely if you could complete these activities.
Email photos of your completed activities to me at: year2@littleplumstead.norfolk.sch.uk
If you would like to do other learning activities as well this week, please use the resources from Oak Academy or BBC Bitesize
Mrs Bennett
Activity 1
Complete the attached profile page to tell me a little bit more about yourself and how you learn. I have attached it as both a PDF and Word document which can either be printed or completed on a laptop. Alternatively, use the template as a guide and design your own profile page.
Activity 2
Write about your favourite book. Why have you chosen this book? What is it that you like about it? Do you like other similar books?
For example: I always find it really difficult to chose my favourite book. I can chose a different favourite depending on how I am feeling at the time. However, if I was to pick a favourite that would be a suitable read for year 5 and 6 children, I think I would have to chose Wildspark by Vashti Hardy. It is a great adventure story with a really strong lead character. I also like that there is lots of science and technology within the story. (I’m not going to give too much away as we may use the book next year!) I have been lucky enough to meet the author and to hear her speak about her books. She is really passionate about writing interesting books for children. I have also read one of her other books, Brightstorm, (which I also loved) and am planning to read the sequel to Brightstorm over the summer. Mrs Bennett
Activity 3
Write two questions that you would like to ask me at our transition session next week.
Activity 4
Create a design that tells me about you: your likes, dislikes, hobbies, interests and so on. You can design this in any way that you like.
Activity 5
Tell me about you in numbers. See the example that i have created about me.
Activity 6 – Virtual Sports Day
See the details attached below. Complete sporting activities and earn points for your house! Email photos either to me or to Mr Parkhouse.
I am really looking forward to seeing your completed activities and to finding out more about you all. See you next week!
Mrs Bennett